There are many reasons we are grateful for the digital era. It has enabled smooth operation of business and there is less paperwork. Time consuming procedures have now been reduced to being just a click away. Keeping pace with such a fast paced world is essential in the health sector. Medical emergencies need prompt action and therefore online application of the EHIC card is surely a blessing. The card makes possible for all citizens of the European Economic Area and Swiss nationals to get treatment while visiting any of the European countries. Here are 6 tips on how to get the online card from a website;
- Ensure it is a genuine website; there are lots of websites which offer to give people the EHIC card at a fee. You need to know that card is offered free so do not be conned. The official website for getting the card is https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/startApplication.do you will need to create your account with your email address and chosen password. However you can get the ehic c ard from the reliable website that helps you with the application form and how to get your card easily.
- You must be at least 16 years; if you are the main applicant, this age requirement is a must. If you need to apply on behalf of children below 16 years and spouse you may do so although you will have to fill in their personal details.
- Get information from online media sites; the EHIC app is available for download as well as Facebook and twitter profiles. All these platforms can give you instant access to any information you need on the application and renewal process
- Know your resident status; the EHIC is provided under the EU law and therefore is not subject to terms of a persons’ nationality. So your treatment will not be determined by the fact that you have been regularly paying your taxes or National Insurance contributions.
- Update your personal details first; although the renewal process is free, you need to ensure that your personal details which you filed out during the application process. If you have changed your name, you will need to have a pin to renew the card. If your address has changed just enter your new address and continue with the online renewal process.
- Specify public treatment in the form; the EHIC does not cover medical treatment in private hospitals, however it’s vital to have a valid EHIC card or if yours is expired, make sure . Therefore you need to specify that you want to be treated under public healthcare system so that you get the most out of this card. The card does not also cover cosmetic surgeries like liposuction and plastic surgeries, nose jobs or cruises.
How to fill the online form
For security reasons the European commission website requires that you first open an account with a username and password before using the website. After you have done this, you will log in with your details after your account has been activated. Remember to fist check eligibility before making the online application. The online form can make it possible to order an EHIC card for a minor below the age of 16 years who is living with you. You can also use the online application form to make a renewal of the card 6 months before the expiry date. Read more about the European health insuarance card at https://www.europeanhealthcard.org.uk/
Do not use the portal if your card has been damaged or is lost. Contact them directly for a new card. So there are many ways of getting covered by the card using the online portal. As long as you keep the following points in mind, you can be assured of a clam stay while in Europe as all your medical needs and emergencies will be catered for.